Only three months to go!! That is how close we are to the start of the PWDCA National Specialty in Monterey in September.
Time for another important update: June is a busy month at the Specialty Store (http://store.pwdcaspecialty.org) for apparel, accessories and artwork:
- LOGO APPAREL AND ACCESSORIES
Susan Cucura and Annie Herberholz have put together a wide-ranging selection of logo apparel, accessories and great gear for both you and your PWD. It will be hard to resist multiple purchases from the new Merchandise page. Remember that you can shop and purchase as many times as you like. We will combine your orders for pickup at the Embassy Suites or mail them to you after the Specialty.
- ARTISTS SERIES
This year we have two very special limited edition Artists Series items from two celebrated PWD artists. Tina Evans has authorized a throw pillow reproduction of an original painting created for the Live Auction on Wednesday night (September 28); and four Bee Souza PWDs-in-action illustrations grace an umbrella you will not find anywhere else. Our sincere thanks to both of these talented women.
- CUSTOM ARTWORK FOR THE EXERCISE AREA
Design your own art and then "loan" it to us! We will use it to decorate the off-leash Exercise Area near the Hotel to allow free romp time for you and your crate-crazed PWD. Create your own Banner or Garden Flag (or let us do it for you). We will display it for all to see, and then you can take your creation home with you.
- BOUTIQUES SPACE TABLE RESERVATIONS
Attention PWDCA member artists and artisans: It is time to reserve your Boutiques Tables for either or both of our Boutiques evenings (Sunday, September 25 and Thursday, September 29). The Boutiques will be held in the Embassy Suites during the complimentary Happy Hour, so traffic will be high and so will buyer interest.
A reminder that we still have some lovely trophies available for your sponsorship and dedications. You still can make your RV reservations, and we hope you take the time to place an Ad in our Specialty Catalog. For those of you with past Specialty Winners, our Showcase Gallery section is the perfect spot to honor your PWD.
We will be back in July when it will be time to make your Event Reservations and complete your Premiums for the events you plan to enter. September and the 2016 National Specialty will be here before you know it.
Enjoy your visit to the Specialty Store, but be sure to pay attention to the deadlines. We look forward to welcoming you and your PWDs to the 25th PWDCA National Specialty in beautiful and historic Monterey, California.
Barb Niemann and Cheryl Smith
and the Otter Madness Group (OMG) aka the 2016 Specialty Team
Board meeting minutes from June 7th meeting are now posted in the Members Only section (login required).
Please put the following dates on your calendar and plan to join your fellow Colorado PWD Club members:
July 10 – Annual COPWDC Vail Picnic (weekend of the Roaring Fork show in Eagle)
- From 4:00pm to whenever
- Where: Big Horn Park in East Vail
- Bring: Yourself, your PWD(s), your friends, your beverages of choice, and something to share (appetizer, side dish or dessert)
- More Detail: This is the best off-leash park in the state, with a huge open area, a large pond the dogs can swim in, and a running stream. There is a covered picnic pavilion where we meet. The Club provides burgers, brats and condiments. Avoid the crowd heading down to Denver and treat your PWD(s) to a great afternoon. Even if you are not going to the Eagle Show, have a nice day trip up to the mountains, go to the Vail Sunday Market, then come over and play.
August 2 – General Membership Meeting
- Dinner & Social Hour: 6:00 to 7:00pm
- Meeting: 7:00 to 8:30pm (roughly)
- Where: Mimi’s Café, 14416 Delaware Street (144th & I25), Westminster
- More Detail: This will be the first general membership meeting since the Annual Meeting in February. We have reserved a private room at Mimi’s and you will be able to order off the regular menu. Or just come and socialize and be there for the meeting. We are working on the agenda, but broadly we want to get your ideas on what kinds of activities you would like for us to have and what we can do to make the Club more valuable for you.
Minutes now posted in the Members Only section for the May 3rd Board meeting.
Please join us on Facebook. Just go to the COPWDC Facebook Page and "like" us and you will automatically be a member of our Facebook page (of course, you need to have a Facebook ID to join).